Monday, September 19, 2005

Post Pre-production Pre-production

I work nights sometimes, and it's only when I get home at about 8.30 in the morning that I realise I shouldn't have had three cups of coffee in the last two hours. I repeat this idiocy regularly; I'm a slow, slow, slow learner.

So, now that I'm resigned to self-inflicted insomnia, I might as well prattle awhile. At least it'll keep that tyrant of a manager at bay. Blog! Blog! Mau! Mau!

We're doing some more pre-production this week. In other words the producer is (hopefully) coming back to Glasgow for a couple of days rehearsal to help guide us toward something very very special. I need to get a few hours sleep, but not too much, or I won't sleep tonight and oversleep tomorrow. So much to do. Parts to remember/scrap/learn/change. My favourite thing about being in this band is about to start in a few days time.

My least favourite thing in general, or at least in my Bottom Five (there's another idea for you, Nigel) is American Pie by Don McLean. It's just come on the radio. Surely I'm not alone in hating that song, in all its incarnations? I feel ready to force myself to sleep now. Mmm, whisky...

Don - I know you'll be reading this - I mean you no offence. Vincent (Starry Starry Night) is the true classic. Just beautiful.

Goodnight
Kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home